Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Whine Wednesay

Whine Wednesday


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Why whine Wednesday? I whine because we are only half way through the week. I suppose that is better than Monday or Tuesday, but really it's only Wednesday. This means we have two more days to go until the weekend.
 
 
The middle of the week, or as we call it "Hump Day" has approached. This day means it's time to start planning the weekend events or delicious meal ideas. Everyone deserves a glass of wine for Wednesday. After working at the Gateway Cellar Winery I have learned how to pair wines with meals.

I used to think people just liked having an extra excuse to drink, but it is true! Wine paired with food makes the food and wine so much better.

One of my families favorite dishes is homemade Alfredo Sauce paired with spinach noodles, sautéed chicken breasts, mushrooms, and snow peas. For this dish I have learned to pair a lighter wine with a lighter color to help bring out all of the flavors. I would advise pairing this dish with a Riesling or a Pinot Grigio. The dryer white wine brings a blast of creamy and garlicky flavor from the Alfredo Sauce. In contrast this also makes the wine stand out and there can be a hint of a butterscotch taste. I know this sounds odd, but it is wonderful.

Here is my exact recipe for the Alfredo Sauce, you can add any veggies or different type of meat if you want. The sauce is very simple to make and it can be made in one pan. The first step is to melt an entire stick of butter. Second, add one bar 8oz of cream cheese. Continue whisking with a fork. Add 3 teaspoons of minced garlic or garlic powder and 1 teaspoon of crushed black pepper. Once everything becomes smooth, stir in two cups of milk slowly. Finally, add 5oz of shredded parmesan cheese. Whisk until smooth and serve!
 
Happy half way through the week!

1 comment:

  1. I had two midterms this week, too! This semester is really flying by. I didn't realize that downtown Goshen holds a First Fridays event. Downtown South Bend does, as well. I will have to check out Goshen's sometime. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete